- demonstrate the correct use of poetic vocabulary,
- use that vocabulary to analyze poetic works,
- communicate that analysis in writing and speaking.
- Two Exegesis Papers
- Each paper is worth 15% of your grade. The paper should be
a 3-5 pages explication of a single poem and must show an understanding
of and correct application of poetic terms, must cite specific lines as
examples or support. You will send your paper to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)as
a file attachment either as an .rtf or .txt file. Do not use the file transfer
area under student tools to send any papers or journals
- Mid-Term Vocabulary Exam
- The mid-term will be a one hour long, worth 20%. Once the test is complete,
you will receive your score immediately for the multiple choice sections.
- On-Line Class Discussion:
- During each week I will check the transcripts of our discussion list
to see if students are participating in the class dialogue, worth 20%.
- Poetry Notes:
- These are worth 10% of your grade. Use the Poetry Notes to help generate
ideas for your papers (email@example.com).
Final Vocabulary Exam
- The same procedure applies for the final exam worth 20% of your grade.