Survey of Biology
Instructor: Steven Clark
Clark Community College Email:
Below are announcements and assignments:
link to study and
college success from the Clark Counseling Center.
When I study for a test I do the
- I skim the chapter again (Iíve
already read it and highlighted it).
- I only carefully re-read the
parts that I feel weak on.
- I pay attention to pictures
because they are often summarizing in nature.
- I go through my lecture notes and
in the margin of my notes I write questions for
virtually every point Iíve written.
- I quiz myself on the questions Iíve
- Now Iím ready to study that chapter
with a partner.
- Iíd do the online questions with a
partner. The online questions are not a great way to learn the
information but they are a good way to see if indeed I do know
the material. Thatís why I do that part last.
- On to the next chapter.
For the final, I'd pay attention to those questions I
missed on our chapter 3-17 test; get those items correct. After I did
that, I'd go back to chapters 1-12.
See you at 10 AM in our lecture classroom. Call me
if you get stuck.