Most Recent Announcement
Updated Sunday, 6/16
If you can't stand the thought of not having any A&P to do for a couple of weeks, here is some information about next term. I will post lecture notes, etc. well before the term begins. I may still need to make some very minor modifications to the schedule and syllabus, but these will give you a very good idea of what will go on this summer.
- Information about the Metabolic Pathways Exam. You could get started on this. Read the directions carefully if you do.
- Explanation of Metabolic Pathways Exam
Updated Friday, 6/14
- Key for Exam 3
- Average: 75%
- High: 117/120
- I will hold office hours on Monday, June 17 from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Come by if you have questions before the Final. (My note in the lab was wrong. I'll be here 10 - 6, but I'll need to be gone for a bit around noon to give Hektor his medicaitons.)
- Air pressure/auditory canal video (Shawna M.)
- Scans (.pdf) of the endocrine tables from the text for use with Chapter 18:
- Endocrine Tables 1
- Endocrine Tables 2
- Endocrine Tables 3
- Chapter 10: Muscle Tissue—Part 2 (1.2 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 12 - Neurophysiology and Action Potentials (2.2 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 12 - Remainder of the chapter (2.2 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 13 Lecture Notes (7.1 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 14 Lecture Notes - Part 1 ( 3.9 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 14 Lecture Notes - Part 2 ( 2.4 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 15 Lecture Notes (3.5 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 16 Lecture Notes (3.6 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 17 Lecture Notes - Part 1 (5.8 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 17 Lecture Notes - Part 2 (5.5 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 18 Lecture Notes - Part 1 (2 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 18 Lecture Notes - Part 2 (4.9 MB .pdf file)
- Use the the Tables in Chapter 18 to learn about each hormone's: source (gland/cell, etc.), target(s), effect(s) on target, and control of secretion.
- Chapter 28 Lecture Notes - Part 1 (male system and meiosis) (2.6 MB .pdf file)
- Chapter 28 Lecture Notes - Part 2 (female system) (5.1 MB .pdf file)
Study Guides and "Handouts"
Use these guides to focus your studies.
- Cranial Nerve Exam Explantion
- Study Guide for Chapter 10 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 12 - Neurophysiology and Action Potentials (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 12 - Remainder (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 13 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 14 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 15 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 16 (.pdf file)
- Comparison of Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Divisions of the ANS (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 17 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 18 (.pdf file)
- Study Guide for Chapter 28 and 29 (.pdf file)
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian Feedback System (.pdf file)
- Female Hormonal Regulation - Additions to Figure 28-26 (.jpg image file). You will receive a handout of this image. You only need to download this smaller version if you lose your original.
Use these exams as study guides and to judge the difficulty level of my exams. Because I cannot absolutely predict the pace of the class, material covered on a practice exam may not exactly correspond to that covered by a particular exam this term.
Syllabus, Schedules, Lab Manuals
Please download the Spring Syllabus. You will be given a copy of Lab Manual #1 at your first lab meeting.
- Web version of Spring 2013 252 Syllabus (Do not print this; you'd probably be sorry.)
- Print version of Spring 2013 252 syllabus
- Lab manual for Practicals 1 and 2 (The muscles and nerves are easy so we'll leave them until the end of the term.)
- My Spring schedule
- Muscle List for Practical 3
Open Lab hours this term
- Saturdays and Sundays 8:30a.m.–6:30p.m.
Some Useful Websites
Please email me a site that you think would be useful to other students.
General A&P Sites
Cell Biology/Physiology Sites
Skeletal System Sites
Muscle Anatomy/Physiology Sites
Nervous System/Neurophysiology Sites
Using This Site
This site is best viewed using recent versions of the popular Web browsers. Please download a current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Microsoft Internet Explorer. These are free downloads.
Materials are available for download in Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) format. Please download the FREE Acrobat Reader. Numbers in parentheses, e.g. (3.5 MB), indicate the sizes of larger files.